Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I had to say no.....

Today I received an email with a picture of a sad looking JRT.  The subject line of the email reads

DIES TOMORROW

My reply back... sorry I don't have room or the time for another dog right now.  How do you like that one simple sentence just killed a dog.  And that sentence came from me.

That is my life everyday.  That is the life of a rescuer.  No matter what you are rescuing this is your life.  YOU play God even if you don't want to.  And you have to play God because who ever created this creature did it out of greed, who ever was in charge of taking care of this creature FAILED and because there are SO MANY MORE dogs in the exact same situation as this one... created out of greed and owner failed him / her.... they will DIE!

Not everyone can do what I do, not everyone can go on with their day knowing hitting send just killed a dog, not everyone can take a deep breath and move on to the next 1 BILLION animals in need.

So until you can be that person who does what I do every day don't tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing.  Don't tell me I should try harder or work longer hours.  Don't you dare tell me what to do until you have walked in my shoes for a day.

***Update: 09/13 - The dog found a rescue to take him.  Thank God. He didn't die!

No comments: