Sunday, April 26, 2015

I am not Willy Wonka

I am a busy person, I don't do "fluffy" very well.  If you ask me a question that is a Yes or No type of question then you are going to get a reply of Yes or No.  I am not being mean, I am not mad at you, you asked a questions I answered.  Sorry I didn't thank you for emailing me and ask you how you are doing... to be honest I am rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off and I just don't have time.

I was always taught not to lie so if you ask me "do you think I am a bad pet owner..." and my answer is YES don't tell me I am mean, horrible and curse at me.  I am not the one with 3 emaciated dogs living in my house, a dead mom chihuahua and before I stepped in 3 dead puppies but now 5 dead puppies because you took too long to ask for help.  NOT MY FAULT!

I have had it up to my eyeballs in stupid people today.

A lady didn't want 2 of her dogs because they were "old" and she had 2 new puppies.  Oh and NONE of them are fixed and all have been purchased from a back yard breeder or a pet store.  Got mad when she asked about one of the dogs.  I didn't know her name, honest I didn't care and she asked a question on FB so I answered.  My answer was "Walter went to another rescue who specializes in Doxie's.  He has to under go 3 - 4 months of treatment for heartwork.  I spent SO much money on Buddee (500) and Bob the cat (1,000) I didn't have the funds for him.

Apparently that makes me a bad person???!!  Um who gave up their dogs? Who gave up their OLDER dogs and kept the younger ones??  Who was offered to have both of the younger dogs fixed for $25 each but has yet to take me up on the offer??  OH RIGHT YOU DID!  It is not my fault that you feel guilty for being a shitty pet owner.

Guilt is a bitch.

I am not going to apologize because you realize you aren't a good pet owner and that you treated your dog(s) badly.  I am not going to apologize for not making you feel like you are a wonderful person for owner surrendering your dogs.  I am here to take the dog(s) you threw away like trash and make them feel loved, wanted and happy.  I am not here FOR YOU.  You are part of the problem not part of the solution.
I understand people get into bad situations and need help and I am happy to help them but 3 people I had to deal with today are not one of those people.  They are selfish, irresponsible and have never had to take owner ship for their bad actions.  I don't go out of my way to point it out but I don't go out of my way to make them feel ok either.
All I hope is karma is real and some day they fall victim.

2 comments:

did i just say that? said...

Good evening, would there be any way you would consider sharing a story about 'Bobo' who is a dog who was adopted out by Cumberland County Shelter (NC) AFTER the shelter and the and the people who now have him received information that he had a family who were desperately trying to find him.

He has been with them since he was a puppy and he is family to them. Two little girls have lost a constant companion. A protector and a comforter when they were sick or feeling down. Bobo brought endless amounts of joy and unconditional love to this family….all of that is now gone.

Every party involved knew there was an owner before the adoption was completed. The shelter admits being informed of Bobo’s owner and have admitted they didn't follow through. Why? Their shelter director says because ‘people have a history of not showing up.’

Wouldn't a shelter truly take all measures necessary to reunite the pet with their family? Would any reasonable person with half a heart, knowingly take a dog they knew had a family who desperately wants him back, still walk out of the shelter saying 'we can give him a better home' without even talking to that family. Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely, Dana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUhES60CPA&feature=youtu.be

Dog Rescuer said...

I am sorry I am not going to get involved with this situation. There are always many sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth.

I wish all involved a resolution where they can be at peace.