Monday, March 28, 2011

Ellen DeGeneres In Trouble With Rescue Agency For Giving Adopted Dog Away

this is a repost from 2007 from Itchmo: New For Dogs & Cats


Ellen DeGeneres is in trouble with a pet rescue agency for giving a dog that she adopted away to her hairdresser.

DeGeneres adopted Iggy, a Brussels Griffon mix, at the Mutts and Moms dog adoption agency in late September. Unfortunately, Iggy and her cats didn’t get along, and Iggy was too energetic, so DeGeneres gave the dog to her hairdresser.

When a representative from Mutts and Moms called DeGeneres to see how Iggy was doing, she said she had given the dog away to another family. The agency said DeGeneres violated an agreement by not telling them what she did.

On Sunday, an agency representative went to the hairdresser’s home and took Iggy away. The two daughters of the hairdresser, ages 11 and 12, had become close to the dog and were extremely upset when Iggy was removed from the house.

DeGeneres spoke about the situation during a taping of her show. She said she did not read all the paperwork during the adoption.

She told her audience, “I thought I did a good thing. I tried to find a loving home for the dog because I couldn’t keep it. I feel totally responsible for it and I’m so sorry. I’m begging them to give that dog back to that family. I just want the family to have their dog. It’s not their fault. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have given the dog away. Just please give the dog back to those little girls.”

Source: Associated Press

2 comments:

LilliGirl said...

Didn't that happen a long time ago?

Dog Rescuer said...

LOL yes, that is why I said repost from 2007 LOL :-)