Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I knew this was going to be hard...

I received my normal Sunday night email called the "Kill List" It is a list of dogs from about 5 or 6 pounds that need an exit plan FAST! A great group called Stop The Suffering arranges transport every Thursday from the pounds to Cleveland, Toledo, Canada and other states. It is so so so hard not to ask for dogs to be transported to me.

I know of at least 7 JRT's that are in need. I had all the information for 6 of them and sent that out today asking for help for them... I hope they get it.

Then today I got an email from Richland County pound begging for help because they are busting at the seems. I really like Richland County pound, the volunteers there are really nice, try to do the best for the dogs and it is a nice facility and when they need help I know they really need help.

Look at the faces and information of these beautiful dogs that are going to die.....



Brando came in as a owner surrender on 4-20-09. His owners were moving and could not take him along. Brando is 1 year old, good with kids, cats, and other dogs, but needs a little brushing up on the house training skills. He also does have some cage aggression, but as soon as he comes out he is very submissive and loving. Please give him a chance to be the friend he was meant to be.

Australian ShepherdBorder Collie Young, M

Harper is one adorable pup. He was dumped over the fence in the outside play area on 5-11-09. Poor little guy......Harper is about 4 months old and ready to find a family that will keep him around.

ShepherdRottweiler
Baby, M
Gino is a cute little boy who came in as a stray on 5-7-09. He is a little nervous here and wants nothing more than to find a place to call home.
Terrier Adult, M



Onyx came in with his friend Paris as strays on 5-1-09. They are both very easy going and love to go for walks together. They both also seem to be housetrained since they try to hold it as long as possible. Please help them both find a place to call home.....either together or separately.

Miniature PinscherTerrier Adult


I would so take these dogs in ASAP if I wasn't getting married and not allowed to have dogs at my house.... OMG I can't wait till September... you better bet I am going to get like 10 dogs as soon as I can have dogs at my house again.... OMG I HATE PARVO.

1 comment:

FT said...

This is soooo sad!!!!

Glad to know your fighting to help rescue dogs and animals alike

Dogpile.com just launched a new site called http://www.DoGreatGood.com - and their donating a portion of there revenue to Petfinder and the ASPCA.

Great that theres a way we can help dog adoption programs at no cost.

Love the site - keep it up!!!