Monday, September 12, 2011

I don't want to take her to the pound.

THEN DON'T!

UGH! I hate nothing more then being threatened. Nothing makes me more mad then reading a big long email about how awesome of a dog you have but you are moving, new job, baby, etc and need to find the dog a new home and if you can't the dog is going to the dog pound.

WHY???!!!!! Does every (well close to every) email end with "I don't want to have to take her to the pound" "If she isn't gone by XXX date I will have to drop her off at the pound"

OMG PEOPLE! Do not try to make me feel like shit b/c you can't own up to your responsibilities.

That just seriously makes me so mad.

What do they think they are going to accomplish by saying that? Do they think oh those rescue people are all crazy and will NEVER let a dog go to the shelter... hahaha want to bet?!

Ok, so I do hold back the fact I want to choke the crap out of the people who say that to me and I write them back with advice and let them know that a shelter is a not a place for a dog and why.

I pray to God they listen.

2 comments:

Lydia Hirt said...

You are doing a very important job rescuing these dogs - they are very lucky to have you!

I have a book I think you'd love to read, and I'd be happy to send you a copy. It's called LOVE AT FIRST BARK: How Saving a Dog can help you save yourself. Please email me at lydia.hirt@us.penguingroup.com and I'll send you an advance review copy.

Happy tails!
Lydia

Jackie said...

oh my god. I'm an NYC rescuer, and you just wrote my heart:
"Do not try to make me feel like shit b/c you can't own up to your responsibilities."

SERIOUSLY!

I am so sick and tired of people inferring that it's my problem that they can't (read: won't) care for their animals. It's not my responsibility to take your baggage out of your life.

I'm with you, sister.