Friday, September 9, 2011

It is all about the dog

It is hard to try to figure out what is going to be the best home for a dog. A lot of it is just getting to know the dog and going with your gut. Trust me telling someone that they can't adopt a dog isn't a fun thing to do. I don't want to disappoint anyone but too many times I have let the adoption go through and found out in the end I was right.

I have the most amazing dog right now. I LOVE HIM! And this young lady sent in an application for him. Honestly she would probably make a great pet owner. Her family has two dogs now and take great care of them, their vet gave them a good reference. However, I don't think this dog is a good match for the ones she already has. She emailed me 3 times in the course of a few hours last night and then had her mom send in an application. I almost want to say, your reaction is part of my gut feeling... your not mature enough to handle the responsibility of a dog who has special needs.

Well hopefully my last email to her "mom" will help her understand. If I had another dog that would be a good match for them I would be happy to adopt to them. I just don't feel this particular dog is a good match and I am not going to let my dogs just go to whoever. They need to be happy. End of discussion.

3 comments:

shona said...

Guts always right!!

English Rider said...

That's a fair explanation for a rational person to accept.

Animal Rescue said...

This is so cool! It’s amazing how we have come far enough in society to see the real meaning of this animal. Before it would have been shot and that would have been it. Things have changed so much today.