Monday, February 28, 2011

White Boxer

Ok, I have been wanting to blog about this all weekend but was really busy with dogs (as usual lol) so I wasn't on the computer. I will have to tell you about my weekend tomorrow... waiting to see how today goes so I can give you the full story.

Anyway, I was talking with my rescue friend and she was talking about her mom's dog Chance. Chance is a male ALL white boxer. He is a goofy dog, I joke he thinks he is a Jack Russell. I have no idea how we got on the subject but she was telling me how Chance ended up in rescue.

She received a phone call from a breeder who had a litter of boxer puppies and 3 of the puppies in the litter were all white and she needed them GONE before people came to look at them. Apparently white boxers in the boxer world are VERY undesirable and many breeders will kill off the white ones so no one knows their male / female carriers that gene.

This particular breeder didn't want t kill them so called my friend who agreed to take them.

So, the funny part to this is a friend of a friend has a male white boxer. The first time I met them they were bragging about how they drove to PA to buy him from a breeder and that they were going to use him as a stud dog and blah blah blah. I of course explained to them how there are so many dogs in this world and blah blah blah. I totally know I made them mad but whatever.

Anyway, it has been 4 years at least that they have had this dog. I am pretty sure they only attempted to breed him one time. The people that had the female were supposed to give the owners of the puppies but said the female only gave birth to one live puppy. That is an entirely different story but we are all pretty sure they lied.

But regardless HOW FUNNY! People are so stupid. If people who just educate themselves #1 they wouldn't be breeding a white male boxer. #2 the hilly billies that owned the female wouldn't want to breed to a white male and #3 we could do with a few less hilly billy breed dogs.

I just laugh! Too bad I didn't have this information when they were bragging about how they were going to breed their boxer. Oh that would have been great ammo. LOL!

No comments: