Saturday, February 5, 2011

This week's email

This week alone I received 15 requests from owners wanting to give up their dog(s), 1 from someone who found a JRT, 1 from a person knowing about a JRT living outside, 1 from a person who rescued to 2 JRT's from a puppy mill breeder who was going to "shoot" them and 7 emails from shelters / volunteers asking me to find room for a JRT who is scheduled to be euthanized.

ALL of these emails are from OHIO. The above mentioned doesn't count all the emails I received from outside of Ohio.

Can someone please explain to me how the heck is one person, one small rescue supposed to even come close to helping all these dogs??

Reality is, NOT POSSIBLE and unfortunately for the 30 something dogs that need help will not get it :-(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I receive those emails, I need to remember each person does not know of the requests sent by others; they are simply looking to save. You have made a difference - and so they look to you.

Slot Strategy said...

And how in that case it is necessary to act?

Dog Rescuer said...

I don't understand your question, Slot Strategy.