Thursday, February 9, 2012

Penelope and Bait dogs

Well I have good news and bad news but hey it is rescue so that is pretty much every day!

Penelope is doing much better now that she has had her surgery. I promise I will get pictures as soon as I can. I have been so busy with dog stuff after work and at work doing work stuff. Work is crazy right now, I got a new job so I am leaving my current company. It is hard to leave but got to move on and grow. 6.5 years is a pretty long time at one company I think!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you the stones they took out of tiny little Miss P.

Check out this picture. I left my fingers in there so you could understand size. Looks like gravel from a drive doesn't it.


Now on to some horrible news. The 27 bait dogs of which we rescued 3 have all tested positive for an illness that is basically a parasite in the blood. UGH! It is REALLY hard to treat and every expensive. :-( To learn more about it check out
http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_babesia_infection_in_dogs.html

No comments: