Sunday, February 26, 2012

Vicious Pit Bull ;-)



This is Freedom a Pit Bull rescued on December 22, 2011 by the Cleveland Police Department from a home suspected of dog fighting. Freedom was one of 27 dogs who got a chance at a life just 3 days before Christmas. On January 6, 2012 Freedom, Blossom and Cleveland were taken by me out of the Cleveland City Kennel which has to be one of the most depressing shelters I have ever been in. Cleveland is currently in a foster to adopt home, I am keeping Freedom and Blossom is in a foster home waiting for her forever home.

This picture was taken today by a friend of mine that works at American Greetings. Freedom LOVES the puppies and plays with them all the time. During the photo shoot while I was holding one of the puppies Freedom decided to sit on my lap. I scooped up the other puppies and sat them on Freedom's back. The love Freedom so much that they just hung out on him.

Excuse me but Pit Bull vicious... I think not!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Pit Bulls prove their tenderness time and time again. Incredible photo and lovely, handsome dog; you and he are lucky.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Lovely, sweet and so deserving of love...

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toxic Mox Designs said...

Beautiful!!! Vicious dog... most definitely NOT. Thank you for doing what you do and being a rescuer!

Susan Blatz said...

How charming! They say a picture is worth a thousand words and I think this one says it all.

Sandra@all natural dog treats said...

Pitbulls are just wonderful. And this picture is cute.

Rebecca Jacoby said...

What an incredible photo. Just the look in Freedom's eyes tells you how sweet she is.

Would you be interested in helping promote a dog rescue story anthology and raise funds for shelters?

I am holding a contest for entrants to submit a dog rescue story toward publication in an anthology. The prize is a donation toward the winner's favorite animal shelter, and more.

My inquiry involves the ability to include an announcement about my contest on your blog or newsfeed. If you concur, I would be willing to send you a prewritten piece with a link to the contest.

May I include you in getting the word out about sharing dog rescue stories?

Becky Jacoby
http://beckyjacoby.com
http://beckyjacoby.com/blog

Portland Veterinarian said...

Your blog post is very beneficial. Thanks so much and more power!