Monday, May 14, 2012

Good weekend but still nervous....

On Thursday the last little puppy went home, on Friday evening Teddy went home and on Saturday 6 dogs went home
Donny
Freckles
Rufus
Hanna
Maverick
Cooper

I have already received a phone call from a stressed out frazzled adopter of Hanna saying she has horrible separation.  When I asked exactly what she was doing the women said that when she goes outside she barks and doesn't want to be outside alone.  She was getting ready to leave for work and wanted to bring her back after work.  I asked her if she had a crate or something for her while she was at work and she said she is fine in the house when I leave...um... that isn't separation anxiety then... oh boy!

So Hanna is coming back tonight.  I am sure the women is going to want her check back, I am sorry you not being able to handle having a dog is not my fault.  I don't want to be mean but come on!  You adopted her at 3pm on Saturday, you have spent 1 day with her and everything is new to her.  She needs a minute to adjust.. and by a minute I mean A WEEK!

All I can do is roll my eyes and move forward.  I just hope I am going to be able to save some dogs this week from my local dog warden so nothing has to die.

No comments: