Thursday, April 7, 2011

Greta the GSD

This lady I know contacted me about a month or more ago asking if I could help her find a pure breed GSD female or a black female toy poodle. Her poodle just passed away and her GSD was getting older.

She did find a female pure breed GSD at Wayne County. Not sure if it was the pound or Humane Society. Poor Greta was picked up as a stray and was emaciated. Not the shelter fault at all, that is just how she came in.

So, her new mommy took her home, took her to the groomer, the vet, etc. Anything to help her new girl to gain weight and be a happy healthy girl. Greta was finally gaining some weight. Her new mom took her to the vet for a check up and to get her ready to be spayed. At the appointment SURPRISE Greta was pregnant and due within a week.

Her poor mom didn't know what to do. ENTER ME! Even though I have a lot going on and the stress of more puppies is well adding to my basic nervous break down, I can't let a friend potentially lose the dog she has fallen in love with just because of a strange circumstance.

Greta was brought to my house Sunday evening and at Monday 6:30pm she started giving birth. By Tuesday morning we had 9 puppies.

Mom and puppies are doing well. Greta will go back to the women who adopted her once the puppies are weaned and adopted out. And she will be fixed and trust me have the best home EVER.

3 comments:

shona said...

pictures pictures pictures please

Unknown said...

Greta is one lucky girl!

Unknown said...

Goodness, SURPRISE PUPPIES! Talk about getting more than y ou bargained for!