Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today's adventure

Everyday you learn something new or experience something new. Well today was interesting. I had to take the day off from work to go to small claims court. A women who I WAS friends with had left a photo album at a mutual friends house 3 years ago. The mutual friend gave me the book to give back to her and I lost it. I offered the women money to reprint her negatives but instead of taking me up on my offer she sues me, along with 3 other people for money to re print her pictures. Anyone else confused?? I offer to pay to re print her pictures and she sues me to re print her pictures... Um?? Maybe it is just me but don't you usually sue someone if they refuse to to pay you money they owe you or in this case if I would have NOT offered to re print her pictures? I AM SO CONFUSED.

I think the judge was confused to. The entire thing was so strange. He said he is going to review everything and send his judgment in the mail. SO, now I wait to find out what his decision will be.

Oh and what is super funny is IN COURT under oath she admitted that she considers herself a professional photographer and has/does get paid to take pictures but she has NEVER claimed the income on her taxes... um isn't that tax fraud? Just saying!

I will be honest I feel bad for the lady, she is an absolute laughing stalk among everyone in the rescue community. This whole thing was so ridiculous. Someone offers you money to replace something that was SO IMPORTANT to you that you left it at someone's house for 3 almost 4 years and you sue them for the money they already offered you...

Well since I had to take the day off from work for this non sense, I had Henry the dog hoarder dog to the vet. We changed his medication around a bit. He is doing pretty good. He has so come into his personality and just so darn cute. His hair is coming in and he is so happy and so good. Every time I look at him and think about how the APL wanted to put him to sleep I just shake my head, he is such a great dog! I really hope things have changed there....

I also took Zoe to the vet. Zoe is this really sweet JRT that a nice lady took from Richland County pound 6 months ago. Poor Zoe was having bloody poo issues and the women and her vet couldn't figure out what was going on and the women couldn't afford any more tests. Poor lady, poor Zoe. Well my vet was able to figure out that she had MAJOR worms and we treated her and now she is doing so much better. Unfortunately she has worms for so long that her little stomach got a bit upset so we are getting her better and she will be just fine with some time, love and medication. YAY Zoe. She is so freaking cute. I just love that little dog.

AND I took Frosty the American Eskimo to the vet. I am having a dental done on him tomorrow. HE NEEDS IT! That dog has some seriously bad breath. Like can clear a room... can't wait to see nice teeth tomorrow when I pick him up :-)

I went to the tax account today and signed all the paper work for the Federal Government and STATE taxes for the rescue. Geez! Hard to believe the paper work that goes into this stuff... ugh, I have this HUGE binder full of paper work stuff so crazy.

Then this evening Cherry, the final puppy got adopted and Pepper another one of the puppies went home. Tomorrow 2 more puppies go home, Sunday a puppy goes home and the last puppy goes to her home on April 30th. 13 - puppies in their happy homes YAY!!!!

I had a busy day, somewhat productive b/c I was able to get some dog stuff taken care of but ugh the anxiety of being in court ALL morning took a toll on me. The anxiety of dealing with all these irrational people that seem to have entered my life is just too much. I am so tired.

8 comments:

LC said...

Sharon is not a stable person, we all have known this for years this is why so many people just keep their distance from her....professionally crazy is about all she is.

Anonymous said...

this article never mentions any names,so?

Anonymous said...

seems if i had to pay for something i would be looking in every box,everyspace and turn things upside down to find it so i wouldnt have to pay for it,hope things come out for the best,

Dog Rescuer said...

I did look for it and felt bad for not being able to find it. Offered to pay to replace it BEFORE she sued me. Kinda stopped caring or looking for it when I got the law suit in the mail.

#1. Mistakes happen, sorry I am not perfect.

#2. If something was SO important to me, I wouldn't have left it somewhere for 3 plus years either.

#3. She lost something of mine once... A DOG! I never ever ever made her feel bad or got angry. WHY? Because mistakes happen.

Brit said...

Suing u 4 $ u already offered sounds like this lady is greedy just wanted $ from

Anonymous said...

hope you can find a solution,you sound angry not to look for the photo book,maybe if you could find it they would drop the suit

Dog Rescuer said...

Sharon oh I mean Anonymous- I looked for you book, I apologized to you numerous times, I offered to replace your pictures, I even told you that if I find the book I would return it... Yes, I am angry because you have wasted my time and several other people's time, including the courts over NOTHING! You are acting like a spoiled brat and have burned some serious bridges that will NEVER be repaired.

Love Dogs said...

YEP, burned serious bridges.