Sunday, March 7, 2010

What a weekend

Friday and Saturday were so tiring.....

Friday was a day I was mentally tired. Figuring out how to save dogs... coordinating who needed saved, talking with shelter workers, figuring out who can help and how, connecting people with each other so that dogs can be saved... it was a mentally tiring day.

Saturday my day was LOADED with appointments. Horses are feed by 9, Josie was adopted at 10, the kid doing community service was over doing stuff and Neal was adopted. I had 5 new dogs come in from different transport.... 2 mill dogs, 2 Defience dogs and 1 Pike County dog.

At one point at my house I had at least 7 cars at my house with about 19 people and 23 dogs... this does not include my 4 dogs, my 5 cars and the 4 people that live at my house... LOL!

It was absolutely crazy.

I think everyone finally left around 5ish? Then at 5:30 Marie went and picked up the Pike County dog from transport and April came over with the 2 from Defience. PLUS I had a new horse coming into my barn.

It was one heck of a day. The good thing was that 2 dogs did find forever homes and 5 dogs were saved. Thank GOD for awesome volunteers b/c if it wasn't for them NONE of the dogs were have been saved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a busy weekend. Congrats on the 7 saved pups esp the two that went home!! So fun!!!