Saturday, October 23, 2010

Serioulsy what is wrong with people?

I need to stop going to the dog pound because it makes me hate people! I went to the pound today and there is a OLD Cocker Spaniel there who I am sure is there because she is old. She smells so bad and is so matted. Luckily my rescue friend took her. She has been there since September 30th.

Then as I was looking at the dogs there was a Rotti who was beautiful. He was laying on the floor shaking. I just wanted to go in the cage and hug him. I noticed it was an owner surrender. I went up front and asked what the deal with him was. The owner brought him because they took him to the vet and his organs are failing. They could afford to put him down at the vet office so they brought him to the dog pound. REALLY??? I hate people... you know what that dog gave you 9 years of his life, loving you, be a good boy for you and what do you do? You take him when he is not feeling well and DUMP him at the dog pound. He is scared out of his mind, laying on a cold wet smelly floor litterally waiting to be walked to the back room put in a box that is WAY WA Y small compared to his size and GASSED to death. Then once he is dead, he will be picked up by his back legs and thrown into a dumpster.

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE #()$) IS WRONG WITH YOU???? You mean to tell me you couldn't skip a meal, make payments to the vet, put it on a credit card, borrow the money, sacrifice something you were going to buy for yourself so that your pet can die with dignity! I have two words for you and only the last one is YOU.

KARMA please don't fail me now. I hope it bites them where the sun doesn't shine HARD!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - that is the SADDEST thing EVER :( That poor Rotti ;( My heart is breaking for him ;(

You are right, don't fail that dog now Karma.............

Dog Rescuer said...

I totally wish I had the money to just pay the $29 to get the dog out of the pound and then the $100 to put him down HUMANELY at my vet office.

Unknown said...

Amy, is he still there? I will send you the money if still needed.

House of the Discarded said...

Oh Roberta - that's so kind of you!!

-Beth

Anonymous said...

More and more I see people giving up their dogs for no good reason. It's very sad. I may be too late but if this Rotti still needs money, to be put down humanely and hopefully in someone's loving arms, I can donate it. Do you know what happen to the Rotti? This breaks my heart really bad.