Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sorry it has been so long....

Well it has been one heck of a week. Not bad, just busy. I have 11 dogs living in my horse barn and 1 in the house. I have 5 dogs in one foster home and 4 foster homes with 1 dog each and 1 foster home with 2 dogs. That is a total of 22 dogs looking for homes.

The sad thing is I have had a few dogs for MONTHS! 1 dog I have had since MAY.... that is 6 months she has been looking for a home.

I had an adoption event on Saturday... not one dog adopted.

I am hoping things pick up soon. I have turned away A LOT OF DOGS! And I will continue to turn dogs away until I can get the ones I have adopted. That is the hard part but if I am going to stay sane I have to get the dogs I have into homes.

Cross your paws, kiss your puppies and pray that for Christmas at least 1/2 of my 22 dogs will be sleeping in a doggie beds in the living instead of on some old bed sheets on a dirt floor in my barn!

No comments: