Monday, April 26, 2010

11 dogs, none fixed..

Friday after work I was driving to my friends boarding kennel where I board rescue dogs from time to time when I just have too many. As I was driving there not far from her house I see a sign in the front yard of a house "FREE PUPPIES" w/ a phone number. UGH! My heart sank... CRAP! I turned the car around and called.

A VERY VERY long story short the people started out with 4 dogs. One dog for each of the kids. They didn't realize that litter mates with breed. WHAT??? You have 4 kids of your own, there is no way you can be that stupid.

They only had one puppy left and my rescue friend went that night and picked it up. The puppy is pretty sick, full of worms. Nice puppy, very cute but aren't they all.

So, all weekend I have been talking to this women in hopes she will let me have some of her dogs. Talking to her is seriously like talking in circles. Her stories do not make sense, she changes stories half way through telling me one and she is ALWAYS yelling at a dog or a kid.

My rescue friend who went over there to get the puppy said that place was dirty and there was stuff/junk everywhere. Windows in the house were broken and taped with plastic bags over them. It was horrible and it smelled. She said that at least 6 dogs were all outside together in a big pen.

I am supposed to go over there today on my way home from work. I really really hope that I can get some of the dogs out of there. I just really don't understand how someone can allow this to happen.

What I have been able to gather from her is that they have had at least 4 litters if not more. And to top it all off her oldest son wants to let the male who is getting everyone pregnant breed just one more time!!!!!!! WHY???

I don't know how I am going to do it but I have got to get dogs out of there and QUICKLY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KUDO'S TO YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH
TO GO OVER AND FIGHT FOR THESE DOGS
TO HAVE A LIFE THEY SO MUCH DESERVE. WE HAVE TO BE THE VOICE FOR THEM. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW... YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING, AND ALL OF US TRUE DOG LOVERS APPRECIATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU.AND IT SENDS THE MESSAGE PEOPLE, IF YOU SEE A DOG SUFFERING, TRY TO HELP...ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. IF WITH FOOD, AND ECONOMY, OR SPAY AND NEUTER, GUIDE THEM IF YOU MUST TO THE SHELTER, THEY ALL HAVE PROGRAMS FOR PEOPLE IN NEED OF HELP.
THANKS FOR BEING THEIR VOICE